Thursday, March 14, 2013

Episode 59: I'm a Needle Addict



Whatcha Making?
Atelier by Heidi Kirrmaier out of Malabrigo Arroyo in Plomo, size 6 needles
Vanilla Bean Socks out of Vesper Pansies at the Phipps and Canon Hand Dyes Jane for the heel and toe, size 1 (2.25). Shadow short rows vs. no wrap, no gap short rows

Whatcha Spinning?
Inglenook Fibers February batt- split in half to preserve colors, woolen spun, a bit rustic

Whatcha Get?
Vesper Joyous
Dyakcraft Heavy Metals
bday present from Michelle (hapi2run)
swift

Pittsburgh Knit and Crochet this weekend

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Thanks for this podcast. I found it because I want the 5" Heavy Metals (!!), but I was pleasantly surprised that you resviewed the No Wrap, No Gap short rows. I just tried it two days ago after doing a few pairs of house socks with the regular wraps and turns and pick ups and got really frustrated picking up the double wraps with my bulky yarn. Anyway, I tried the No wrap method once and got gaps. I did something wrong, but I'm not sure. I'm going to try it again, but I'm also really excited to try the shadow short rows you showed. I prefer increases by lifting from the row below, so this sounds good to me. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete