Saturday, January 28, 2012

Episode 10: Spinning is Fun!



Sorry for the bad audio quality. Lots of technical difficulties today.

Find me on Ravelry and Plurk as oohfancypants

Holy moly, a shoutout from The KnitGirllls! Thank you Leslie!

Whatcha makin?
Log Cabin socks by Anne Woodbury for Aunt, KnitPicks Brava worsted in Wine, size 5 needles

Olearia sweater by Georgie Hallam, size: 1 year, in KnitPicks stroll sport. size 3 and 6 needles

Toe up socks with afterthought heel  by Laura Linneman  in KnitPicks Felici, Firefighter. Red color bled into others :-(
size 1 (2 mm) needles

Whatcha plannin?
Feb. 1st KALs!
No More Tears KAL with MommyNeedsYarn using Sophie’s Toes sock yarn, Fog on the Moors colorway
Sweater KAL with Knitting in Circles, His and Hers, and Fiberista Files. Parcel Sweater
Rebecca Danger pattern for SSK KAL

Whatcha spinnin?
undyed BFL on spindle
Gales Art BFL swirl sample. 2 ply on Sidekick, 33 yards

Whatcha get?
Renting a Schacht Sidekick
Ordered a Schacht Ladybug from Copper Moose
Joined the Into the Whirled fiber club

Short-Tail Long-Tail Cast on, courtesy of Betty P Balcomb

Time for a giveaway! Must be a member of the Ravelry group 
Crazy4Dyeing Sparkle Sock. Deadline is Feb 10th, winner will be drawn on the 11th or 12th. Enter by commenting on the thread on the Rav group: Tell me your favorite indie dyer(s) of yarn or fiber.

4 comments:

  1. First, I must say, you are so nice !
    But not boring nice :)

    So sorry for pour audio quality, I had a problem understanding you (English is not my mother tongue...)

    But, I enjoyed very much your previous videos ! Don't worry about the video lenght... I'm sure in time you will find more things to speak about... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Magrit.
    I really adore you!

    And you can be very proud of your spinning progress.
    My, you decide very fast.
    I thought I was a quick decider and you far out :)

    What is your group at Ravelry.
    I want to compeed for the yarn or is it only for americans?
    I think about starting my own podcast and maybe I will post it tomorrow on my blog.
    Totally inspired by you, we will see

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new wheel. I've heard you can't go wrong w/Schacht. FYI: I don't know if anyone else experienced this but the sound on this last episode was very low. I set my laptop to the highest volume and it wasn't enough. Just wanted to let you know. Can't wait for the next episode.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great podcast. Found you via Highland Handmades. Love the latest tip on Short tail cast on. Dah..of course! So excited for you and your spinning wheel purchase. Nice job with the videocast. Loving it.

    ReplyDelete