Sunday, January 22, 2012

Episode 9: Finished objects and beginning spinning



Episode 9: January 22, 2012

Find me on Ravelry and Plurk and oohfancypants. Come join the Ravelry group!

Stay tuned at the end for a special guest appearance! (My fiance came home in the middle of my recording)

So much love this week! Thank you everyone, I am so incredibly appreciative of your support. Thanks to Amy of Stockinette Zombies,  Diane from Knitabulls, Erin of Mommy Needs Yarn, and Melissa of His and Hers Podcast for the shoutouts!
 
I am wearing my Adagio Vest by Suzanne Frary in City Tweed DK

Whatcha Finish?
Garter Striped scarf by Erika Knight
Size 7 needles
Gloss dk in robot, clover, and fedora

Rocky Coast Cardigan by Hannah Fettig
Madtosh Vintage in Antler (worsted weight superwash merino, plied)
Blocking woes..

Whatcha makin?
A few things to be cast on today:   Log Cabin socks by Anne Woodbury for my aunt, out of Knit Picks Brava Worsted in Wine
A baby sweater for coworker?

Whatcha get?
Tempted sock yarn in Good Girl base, Dreamy colorway (ordered before yarn diet)
Spindle from Etsy
Corriedale blend from Gale’s Art, and a sample of BFL swirl that she included. Awesome seller!
Side note: I hope my comments about the yarn I spun up with her fiber are not misconstrued. I am only talking about my lack of spinning ability, not the fiber itself (which is wonderful!)

Interweave Knits sale until Jan 24: digital download of Start Spinning DVD with Maggie Casey
Books from library: Start Spinning by Maggie Casey, Respect the Spindle by Abby Franquemont, and Fleece and Fiber Sourcebook

www.Plannedpooling.com - I haven't used it myself, but it seems like a good resource

Spinning wheel lesson on Thursday with rental...trying out Schacht Sidekick and Ladybug

Sodastream  We got ours from Bed Bath and Beyond with a 20% coupon


7 comments:

  1. Your Husband is handsome you make a beautiful couple, great catch Emily :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check the weight of your spindle. It should be a bit heavy for a beginner maybe about 3 oz. knit picks has good beginner roving wool of the Andes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emily, good episode. Nice that Kyle joined right with the chat.
    Saw the Plurk picof Rocky Coast, and it looks great.
    Werll done on being able to get a wheel. :))
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. First time i watched your videocast. I really enjoyed it! My husband just gave up diet soda, and he has been drinking a lot of Pellegrino. I'm thinking this might be much cheaper in the long run! Thanks for sharing. I've also been thinking about learning how to spin for awhile, and so I'm really glad I've started watching you so I can see you go through this learning process and I can learn more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to seeing your Rocky Coast Cardigan! Nice to meet your fiance! Mostly, it will be so interesting to follow you while you learn spinning. Such a mystery to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO nice to meet your fiance, he is a natural in front of the camera isnt he. You make such a cute couple too. My dad loves Soda Stream and I remember quite a long time ago now when it first came out and we had one with all the different flavours. I cant wait to see your Rocky Coast cardigan. Love the top you knitted too that you were wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for mentioning Planned Pooling. I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete